Recovering from religious harm can be stressful to the point of crisis. However it is very important not to harm yourself. You can survive and even thrive as you get support. There is no shame in getting help in a time of trouble. You are a precious human being, unique on Earth. We love you and want you to love yourself. Your presence and your gifts are needed in this world. There is hope. Please use these resources to take care of yourself. At Journey Free we do not have emergency services but we support you in getting the help that you need.
If you have thoughts of suicide, these options are available to you:
- Dial: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
- Dial: 911
- Go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
- Call your local crisis agency.
- Tell someone who can help you find help immediately.
- Stay away from things that might hurt you.
If you are not in crisis and want to discuss religious recovery issues, you can call the Hotline Project at 1-84-I-Doubt-It (1.844.368.2848). The phone line, which is not a suicide hotline, is available from 4 PM – 11 PM Central.
For additional crisis hotlines, go HERE.